Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Painting...


Finally a painting after such a long time. This vacation while I was rummaging through my study table, I found my water-color cakes I won as a prize when I was 8 years old. I couldnt resist giving my painting skills a try. I was painting again after 6 years. Well... The painting of the boy isnt entirely mine. I took the picture from one of my childhood's short-stories book. The rest is photoshop. The poem on the right is the one I wrote a long time back called "Is there a way out?" and the pictures on the left were taken from the net.

I would like to thank my neighbour aunty for lending me her painitng brush (she let me keep it too). I would also like to thank a very good friend of mine Mayuresh for scanning the picture for me. :)
(Click on the pic to enlarge it)

9 comments:

Rashmi said...

toooo gud.....i wsnt knowing u r soooo creative....& abt poem ..... am speechless....

Savita said...

@FrozenThoughtzz...
Thanks :-)

Seshadri said...

me too am speechless abt the poem..hav written bits about those forgetable moments in life..but such a touchin one..and the painting..went soo well with it..u r really great!! (sorry, but am very poor at adjectives,so cudnt add may)

Seshadri said...

hey..and also..cud u plz mail me the text of the poem..wil probly need a prntout..

Seshadri said...

hey i actually wantd that link only of your poem..and yes, a printout..bcoz i hav a hard copy of all good things that i come across..rite from english songs to motivational stories..so that they are always with me,wherever I am...this poem is one such thing..

Seshadri said...

ok..this is my 4th comment on ur post :)...btw dont call me a great poet nd all..i just scribble thoughts wich come to my mind..

Anonymous said...

so you too got talent for art!!! looks like I'm the only one good-for-nothing case in my friends circle! arrghhh!! i envy u!! :P hehe

AWESOME work!! Bravo!

humbl devil said...

mind blowing poem...gurl...
and lykd the artwork too...

Savita said...

@da and humbl devil
Thanks re... :-)