Monday, October 20, 2008

Feels like heaven

"Where do you stay in Mumbai?", "Anushakti-Nagar" I'd answer with pride as if it were some Buckingham Palace. I moved to Anushaktinagar from Kaiga (no, its not in Mars, its a place just below Goa, in Karnataka, a place so isolated that even radio signals refuse to come in, a place where the morning newspapers reach at 4 in the eveving, a place where you need to travel 65 kms just to buy a needle, a place where there are no movie theatres, basically a place where you'll feel as if you are the only survivor of a nuclear holocaust) some 10 years back. Despite no radio and movies for 13 years, I never wanted to move out of Kaiga because I have always been this small-town nature loving girl. For me Mumbai meant tall buildings, crowded roads, huge malls, slums and too much pollution. I thought I would hate it. Surprisingly I didnt. Not because I found myself loving all the above mentioned things but because I found the same "close to nature small-town" like place right in the center of mumbai. A place where the percentage of total area covered with trees is same as that of total earth area covered with water (I know I could have just said "more than 70%" :)), a place where you can wake up in the morning hearing the birds chirping, a place where each building has its own football ground, a place where you can see atleast 10 different types of birds living in a tree just outside your bedroom window, a place where snakes cross the roads at noon, a place where you can drive with your eyes closed, a place that feels like heaven. I dont think I have loved any place I've seen on this earth as much as I love "Colony". Anyway the whole purpose of this post was to show off some pictures of colony I took a few days back using my digicam. And I wanted to try out this new widget too. You will need flash installed in your PC for this. Click on the pic to see the next one. The sad part is you cant enlarge the pics and half the total space is wasted to show the text, so the pics wont be very clear.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing use of the widget :D loved it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely write up and glad to visit your blog!

Anonymous said...

i m missing the colony so much nowadays...
koi bacha hi nai colony mai!!!
:(((((((((