Sunday, March 19, 2006

My last day as a teenager

Today is my Birthday...my 20th birthday... well..all I can say is ..Life is indeed on the fast lane... I am officially an adult today... Cant believe I am out of my teenage years even before I know it... Its sunday today..and I have nowhere to go... Thought I would pen down the feelings I had during my teen-years... (Some of the phrases were stolen from the Chicken Soup book I got as a prize for coming first in 11th std.. this was the only thing I used it for :))

Have you ever felt old enough to make a choice,
Relying completely on your inner-voice,
But, still young in many other ways,
Wanting a shoulder to cry on, during your tough days?

Have you ever felt old enough to pack your bag and go,
Wanting to see the world, refusing to forgo,
But, still young to want to stay at home,
Concluding the fact that you are just frolicsome?

Have you ever felt old enough for heart-felt pain,
Trying to be matured even during enormous strain,
But, still too young to find a cure for the blight,
Crying yourself to sleep at night?

Have you ever felt old enough to fall in love,
Wondering if its pure, trying hard to prove,
But, still too young to understand,
Whether this is real or a fantasy land?

Have you ever felt old enough to strive for reality,
Wishing your dreams to be fulfilled by your ability,
But, still young to sit beneath the stars,
Hoping for Angels to wipe your tears?

And now I sit here, awkward, unsure and half-baked
Trying my way to becoming something great
On my last day as a Teenager......

14 comments:

Unknown said...

One day in the future, we all shall look at this day, when we used to wonder at how the future would be, how exciting it would be.
And we will say, "Those were just confessions by our dangerous minds, that we were unsure of the hazy future...
and to alleviate our confusion about this future, we scrawled vapor trails on the blue sky..."
"But the reality," we will say, "Is that the actual future is drab, mundane, lifeless."
Will my future be lifeless? Nope.
I will not be stuck with a software company (Fubu, I hope u are reading this :-) No offence, mate)

Unknown said...

Comments?

Unknown said...

OBITUARY:
".....Today we commemorate the passing on of a dear soul, Savita-the-teen. However, it must be said that she was long dead before today. Today, it is only her mortal body that has passed on, while her soul died long ago..."

ENGLISH MEANING:
"...Even as a teen, Savita-the-teen was more mature than anybody I know, so it can be said that she never was a teen..."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Savita said...

huh!!!!!!!!!????????????

Unknown said...

LOL...i hope i explained the comment well enough to u...

Anonymous said...

vishy,
you future is still hazy.
you not sure where you are gonna head to..
but believe me, life in a software company is fun. :-)

Unknown said...

@fubu...
hmmm...i wonder how u say that...mebbe its bcoz im still studying?
one of my seniors once said, "its very good if you are confused about your future. It shows that you still have options left."
hmmm....

Savita said...

AHEM!!!!
Will someone say something nice about my poem....????
I bet its not that bad....
Considering the fact that I am just a callow fledgling poet....
lol...

Savita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Savita said...

"One of my seniors once said:" Its as though "Abraham Lincon once said:"...lol..lol..jus kidding

Unknown said...

HUH??? everything we said was nice! in fact, its because ure poem was soo good that u have 11 comments!!!

Unknown said...

not abe lincoln...BS Aparna

Anonymous said...

I just love ur poems da

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B'day :)
Hope 4 a gr8 life ahead ....
Moreova life is full of mysteries and u neva knoe wher it will take u to..............
Good poem neways