Saturday, August 12, 2006

That's the way the cookie crumbles...

I flip the faded pages of my life
I see my memories play like a film without sound
An enigmatic smile escapes my face
Yeah! Life is indeed very strange

How beautiful was the time of youth
Full of passion and desire, yet unwilling to mature
when fantasies could make me fly and
even the smallest hug could allay my fears



Evening walks, Linkin Park and topicless discussions
took over Crayon scribblings, cartoons and swings.
Desperate housewives replaced The little mermaid
and Chocolates are no longer ambrosia but poison-made


Why can't I rely on falling stars to take away my worries?
Why do I have to fret when life turns left instead of right?
Why do I have to wear a mask and hide away my pain?
Why has life become a game, where you either lose or win?


The hazy future ahead keeps daunting me
If only that same hug could drive away my fears
If only I could turn back the hands of time
I guess... Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel a tinge of sadness wen i read some of your poems.

Anonymous said...

I wish i could put this weighty feeling in me, into words.

divine_queen said...

hey liked the second last stanza.

Seshadri said...

brought out the child in me..i too think evry nite, the same little moments shud return to my life..btw "How beautiful was the time of youth"??how 'OLD' hav u grown?

Savita said...

:-)
well... 'OLD' enough to watch an 'A' rated movie legally...

Anonymous said...

hey is this written by u...?? i thgt its picked up..lol...sorry..im really really sorry...2 underestimate u...

Anonymous said...

it was a really gooooooooooooddddddd poem..dont know waht iet meant..but still cccoooooooollllllllll....nero

Unknown said...

:-D good one nero!