Saturday, March 05, 2011

A whole new life!!

Whats happening in my life? A lot!!
I have been living in a whole new world the past one year. This one year has made me miss every phase of my life I went through - my carefree childhood phase to my first independent adulthood phase. How has my life changed? Here it goes:

1. I am living in a hostel (a co-ed one;) ) for the first time in life. I finally have my own awesome room with no one to interfere. This is the life I always wanted considering the kind of anti-social person I am.
2. There is always something to study at any point in a term. Your sleep hours become so calculated that one wasted hour of sleeping can make you feel guilty for the rest of the day. Trust me it does.
3. I have become philosophical after coming here. I am still an atheist but I am exploring nonetheless. I don't know how much of those philosophical stuff is true but it does help you deal with tough situations.
4. I have realized that the cut throat competition can be killing only if you want it to be. But no matter how much you know about the truth, you will still go to bed everyday worrying about the competition.
5. There is no right time to do things here. I can now take bath at 11 at night, eat Maggi at 4 in the morning, wash my clothes at 5 in the morning, play tennis at 2 in the morning, take a nap at 7 in the evening or rather any point in a day.
6. I get to meet big celebrities throughout the year. From the smallest Vega Tamotia to Gul Panag to Shobha de to Rajat Sharma to the biggest Arun Shourie. I got to watch the Indian Ocean Concert which was at distance of around 10 mtrs from my balcony.
7. My To-do list will always have at least 5 things yet to be done at any point of time.
8. I easily lose track of days in a week. Somehow weekends don't feel any different from weekdays no matter how desperately I want them to be. There are quizzes and exams even on Sunday evenings.
9. I spend not more than 5 hours at a max per month outside the campus. Rest of the time you don't even get to see or hear anything from the outside world.
10. Watching a movie or reading a novel or even writing a blog is a luxury which you have to fight for by compromising something else for it.

Despite all these... I am absolutely loving it ;)

2 comments:

bhargava said...

seems like u got into some B school.. which one?... I loved my b school days too... Too taxing for the first year and then a lil relaxed in second year.. From then on, a new phase.. a new world... In case you are into some good school(top 7), then I am glad u made it there.Otherwise, I guess your reality wudnt have changed much from wat it was before.

bhargava said...
This comment has been removed by the author.