Friday, June 18, 2010

Yet another phase of life ends

Independent life..... Pune..... first job...... first salary...... learning how to do the job which had no relation to what I learned for 4 years..... projects...... meetings in swanky rooms...... talking to firangis...... deciding which tag to put the bank code in and acting as if that might resolve the Israel-Palestinian issue....... professional clothes....... going back to jeans and flip flops after a month...... free tea and coffee and soup and hot chocolate....... chatting more on Sametime than working....... annual appraisals...... gossip...... bitching about managers ........ getting frustrated.......... "Thats it, I am done. I am getting a new job" .......... back to counting the number of days left for the long service award.......... staying away from parents........ paying rents......... paying electricity bill for the first time in life....... Room mates......... laughing over really stupid jokes.......... trying first with just a bottle of breezer......... feeling nothing but still laughing as if we drank a bottle of vodka......... sharing.......... learning to cook.......... giving up after few days........ getting used to unhygienic food......... surviving on Maggi........ coming home late at night without the phone ringing every 30 min starting 830......... expensive salons....... dinner at posh expensive restaurants....... cocktails.......... screwdriver....... long island iced tea...... going to malls.......... finally not window shopping....... still waiting for end of season sales........ late night parties......... studying just to get out of IT...... cluesless about life....... long trips to beaches on bikes and cars......... grass..... cocaine...... shots......

Ok.. I was kidding about the last three again. But I have noticed that the level of things I kid about every time gets higher and higher. The three things I joked about in the end of the post I wrote about college life, two out of those three have been checked. So I cant guarantee about the current last three things too. ;)

6 comments:

humbl devil said...

amen...
:P

D.A said...

nice. brother to comment first eh? :P
remember me? D.A? :)m back to blogging...ya ya..been ages! =)

Unknown said...

uh.... screwdriver??

Savita said...

@humbldevil
:)

@D.A
Ofcourse I remember you. What have you been up to?

@Vishy
Screwdriver is a cocktail made with orange juice and vodka. Am I still your friend? ;)

prajyot said...

Hey Savita...Remember me ? I am very old blogger friend......

Congrats on your first job

Unknown said...

LOLz... ya re... :) :)