Wednesday, November 30, 2005

UnTiTlEd...(I rather not name it)

Well....When I first thought of creating a blog page of my own..I decided to write down everything that I think, everything that is present in my mind.....so here I go again....

Did you know that the width of one word used in IAS computer system is 40 bits wide...it supporta single address system( I am sorry but this is exactly what is there in my mind at a time like this).....MIPS RX000 is a RISC (Reduced instruction set computer) whose instruction formats are of constant length ..may be 32 bits long..(who cares anyways....I dont) where as Motorola 680X0 is a CISC (Complex instruction set computer) whose instruction format's length varies from 16 bits to 80 bits.....

And did you know that there are two types of control units -- Hardwired control unit and micro-programmed control unit... In Hardwired control unit a finite state machine is used to get the instructions, check the status signal and give out control signals accordingly..whereas in the microprogrammed control unit (Also called as Wilke's control unit. Wilke like every other scientist named his invention after him..duh....havent they ever heard of shakespeare say "What's in a name? " btw..even shakespeare himself wrote down his name below that quote of his....huh) makes use of micro-intsruction stored in control memory to give out control signals...

And did you know that bus arbitration can be done in three ways namely daisy chain method, polling and indenpendent requesting.....(They do have interesting names ..dont they)

Whow.....you are still reading this??? I am impressed....For more informations refer Computer Oraganization and Architecture by John.P.Hayes.... (A big book which makes me feel proud of myself....Its not often that I take a big reference book written by a foreign author and actually study from it)

Am I mixing up something here??? Well...I think I have actually ended up writing blogs in my exams and answers in my blogs....lol....hope the checker likes my blog...lol (Phew....I do need to take a break.....desperately waiting for my exams to get over)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

u actually studied wilkes control unit???? scholar...and u keep callin me a gg...

Unknown said...

For the bewildered reader, Ill attempt to demystify the disjoint thoughts which you made the mistake of reading: Savita had an exam on a pointless subject called Computer Organisation and Architecture.

And well, nobody who is even remotely human can be expected to remain sane after 40 hours of studying COA...and she is depressingly human...LOL

Scholar! 40 hrs of coa!